5 Simple Recipe of Roasted Veggie Salad
It is time to welcome the summer! The time when you can find and eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can. So that’s why I love summer the most. Since there will be so many vegetables you can get easily in-store, why don’t we try to make a delicious and healthy veggie salad for this time.
Roasted Veggie Salad
It is a classic simple salad recipe with various roasted vegetables. You can use any vegetables that you can get from your fridge. This time I will use cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and other summer vegetables. So let’s jump to the recipe.
- Vegetable Salad
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pounds’ cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pounds’ yellow pumpkin, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pound of lettuce
- 80 ml skim milk
- 150 gr cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
How to Make
- Prepare the sauce; In the blender, put skimmed milk and shredded cheese. Add some salt if needed. Stir until completely mixed.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and mix with olive oil. Blended and step aside.
- Prepare the baking sheet and place cherry tomatoes, yellow pumpkin, red onion and zucchini. Drizzle with the olive oil, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Roast in the oven and heat to 200oC for 45 minutes or until the vegetables cooked. Let it cool.
- Place the lettuce into a bowl and mix with the roasted vegetable. Drizzle with about ½ of the dressing sauce and serve warm.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 500 gr penne pasta
- ½ red onion
- 500 gr tomatoes
- 250 gr broccoli
- 250 gr asparagus
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
For the dressing sauce, actually you can use any kind of dressing sauce sold at store. But if you want a different experience in cooking, you can try a simple creamy balsamic vinaigrette sauce as below:
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette Sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Wash the tomatoes, broccoli, asparagus, red onion, zucchini and bell pepper. Then cut them into a large piece.
- Place the vegetable into baking sheet and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over top.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven and roast the vegetable for 15 – 20 minutes to 400oF
- Bring a large pot of salted water to cook the pasta. Once boiling, add pasta and boil for 7 – 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and allow it to cool slightly.
- Prepare a large bowl to make the sauce. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix completely.
- Plating the vegetable and pasta into a bowl. Pour the sauce over the top starting with half and adding more to your liking. Gently stir the pasta and vegetable until everything is coated in dressing.