Quick and Simple Japanese Salmon Recipe That You Can Make at Home
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. This popular fatty fish in Japan is loaded with nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, high-quality protein, B vitamins, selenium, antioxidants, etc. Eating salmon on a regular basis may reduce risk factors for several diseases.
Salmon has a slice of very delicate and tasty meat. This is identical to Japanese food like sashimi or sushi. Not only that, but there are also many ways to enjoy salmon. Here are some examples of Japanese salmon recipes that you can cook at home.
Recipe of Simple Salmon Donburi
This is the simplest way to cook salmon donburi. You can enjoy Japanese salmon rice deliciously with just a few easy steps:
- 150 g – Fresh salmon
- ½ whole – onion
- 1 cup – Cooked white rice – 1 cup
- A few garnish – Radish sprouts – a few garnish
- Small dab – Wasabi – small dab
- 4 tsp – Soy sauce
- 4 tsp – Water
- 1 tsp – Rice/Cooking wine
- 1 tsp – Sugar
- 1 tsp – Vinegar
- 1 tsp – Minced garlic
- 1/4 whole – Onion
Prepare Salmon and Onions
- Cut fillet into sashimi strips. Set aside. Then cut half an onion into very thin slices.
- Put the strips into cold water and strain after 5 minutes.
- Place all listed ingredients for the sauce into a mixing bowl. Slice another half of an onion into strips and mix them into the sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a pot.
- Place the pot on high heat and bring it up to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling, reduce the heat to a medium-low and cook for one more minute.
- Strain the liquid. Set sauce aside to cool.
- Use the leftover onions as a side-dish.
- Fill a bowl with hot sticky rice. Then spread a spoonful of the flavored soy sauce over the rice.
- Then add a layer of thinly sliced onions (from Step 1).
- Then add the sashimi strips on top. Garnish with radish sprouts and a dab of wasabi.
Recipe of Salmon Teriyaki
This salmon teriyaki recipe Japanese is so simple. Serve the delicious salmon with fluffy rice and vegetable for a healthy dinner.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 cm ginger – finely chopped (or use jarred chopped ginger)
- 1 garlic clove – finely chopped (or use garlic crusher)
- 1 tsp (or to your taste) dried chili flakes
- 250 g Noodles
- Stir fry vegetables (optional)
- Mix sauce ingredients together.
- Lay salmon fillets in a small tray and pour over the sauce & season – leave to marinate for 5 minutes if you have time.
- Cover with foil and bake for 18 mins on 170 degrees.
- Cook noodles/rice and/or stir fry veg separately and pour sauce over the top.