Recipe of Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Sandwiches
These cookies are a slightly sweeter, richer version of the traditional Mexican wedding cookie. Rolling and freezing the dough in a long cylinder shape makes it easy to slice and bake into uniformly round cookies that are perfect for ice cream sandwiches. It also means that you can keep the dough in the freezer for up to three weeks and bake the cookies when needed for an impromptu dessert.
MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES Ingredients:
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 2 pints premium or 1½ quarts nonpremium dulce de leche ice cream
TO MAKE THE COOKIES:
- In a bowl, with a mixer on medium speed (use the paddle attachment if using a standing mixer), beat the sugar and butter together until smooth. (To soften butter, microwave it for a few seconds, until soft but not melting.)
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir or beat them into the butter mixture. Stir in the pecans.
- Spoon the dough in a row lengthwise along with a piece of plastic wrap and, with lightly floured hands, shape into a cylindrical log that is about 9 inches long and about 2½ inches wide.
- Roll it in the plastic wrap and freeze until firm enough to slice, at least several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Remove the dough from the freezer, unwrap it, and cut it crosswise into slices about ¼ inch thick.
- Place slices about 1 inch apart on buttered or parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until dry to the touch and slightly brown on the edges, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies generously with powdered sugar and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Instructions / How to Make:
- To assemble, soften the ice cream slightly (see softening tips on intro card). Place a large scoop of ice cream (about a cup) on the flat (bottom) side of one cookie; top with another cookie, bottom-side down.
- Press gently to compress the ice cream and bring it out to the edges of the cookies. Repeat the process to fill the remaining cookies with ice cream.
- Serve the sandwiches immediately, or wrap them individually in plastic wrap and freeze for up to one week.
Serving Size : MAKES 12 SANDWICHES
That’s All About Recipe of Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Sandwiches With Mexican Wedding Cookies. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.