German Chocolate Ice Cream Pie Recipe
This ice cream pie is topped with a fluffy mountain of caramel whipped cream, toasted coconut, and pecans. Häagen-Dazs makes a German chocolate cake ice cream flavor, which is an appropriate and delicious alternative to the chocolate ice cream.
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) pecan pieces
- ¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1½ cups (about 6 ounces) chocolate cookie crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pints premium or 1½ quarts nonpremium chocolate or German chocolate cake ice cream
CARAMEL WHIPPED CREAM Ingredients:
- ½ cup caramel sauce, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
Instructions / How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the nuts on a baking sheet that has sides
and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Cool and coarsely chop. Toast the coconut, stirring it several times until it is evenly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Leave the oven on.
TO MAKE THE CRUST:
- In a large bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs,
butter, and sugar until well combined. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake until the crust is lightly toasted around the edges and feels dry to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Soften the ice cream (see softening tips on intro card). Carefully spread the ice cream into the crust, smoothing the top.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
TO MAKE THE CARAMEL WHIPPED CREAM:
- Spoon the caramel sauce into a large bowl. In another bowl, with a mixer on high speed, whip the cream until it holds medium peaks. Stir about one-third of the whipped cream into the caramel sauce. With a flexible spatula, gently fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Remove the pie from the freezer and take off plastic wrap. Whisk the cream gently to thicken it to a spreadable consistency, if necessary, and spread it over the ice cream, mounding the cream slightly in the center.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and pecans. Freeze the pie until the whipped cream is firm, about 30 minutes or up to 1 day. To serve, remove the pie from the freezer and let stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes.
- To slice the pie neatly, dip the blade of a large, sharp knife in hot water and wipe it dry before cutting each slice.
Serving Size : MAKES 10 TO 12 SERVINGS
That’s All About Simple and Delicious German Chocolate Ice Cream Pie Recipe. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.