Halloween Vegetarian Food Ideas
Halloween is a celebration once a year where everyone wears scary costumes and distributes snacks and sweets for free. Well, usually the food that is distributed is not very healthy because it is very sweet. Cookcan will discuss some healthy food recipes for Halloween. Here is the recipe.
Gluten-Free Vegan Ghost Cupcakes
Whoaaa! Wanna spooky experience in your food, this gluten free cupcakes suitable for your Halloween. This cupcakes also could be served in your Halloween treats. Yet, for some people it would too adorable to eat depends on how it sees! Why not to try..
- 1 1/4 cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic non-hydrogenated shortening
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter, softened
- 3 cups organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk coffee creamer (regular or french vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- dairy free mini chocolate chips or chocolate candies
How To Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper cupcake liners.
- Sift together flour blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together coconut milk, water and vinegar, until slightly curdled. Add sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in flour mixture. Mix for 1 minute, until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Place cupcakes on cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make buttercream, beat together shortening and vegan butter for 1 minute in large stand mixer. Add sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons coffee creamer and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy (add additional tablespoon coffee creamer if needed).
- Place buttercream in piping bag with large round tip. Pipe tall mound of frosting in center of cupcake, pulling tip away to create small peak. Add chocolate chips or candies for eyes.
Bloody Falafel Fingers Sandwich
Holy crap.. this absolutely frightening sandwich you’ve ever seen. Monster fingers is behind the ideas of recipes with the chickpeas basic dough. Right, you could shaping your chickpeas dough to shape something unique! Now, you could copy this recipe to Halloween days first..Where is the red comes from? Don’t worry it is not the real blood, it’s Sriracha sauce!
- 1/2 cup (82 g) dry chickpeas
- 1/2 cup (72.5 g) dry split yellow peas
- 1/3 cup (4.67 g) chopped red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup (4 g) cilantro packed
- 1/4 cup (15 g) parsley packed
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) whole coriander seeds or coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cayenne pepper/ or black pepper or to taste I also added 1/2 a Serrano chili pepper. Spice!
- 2 teaspoons oil optional
- 1-2 Tablespoons (1 Tablespoons) chickpea flour
How To Make:
Wash and Soak chickpeas and split peas for 2 hours or overnight (overnight for best results. you can also use Sprouted chickpeas). They should have a give when you press them. *If the chickpeas or split peas are too hard even after the soak (sometimes they are too old), blanch them in rapidly boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and then use.
Drain and add to food processor or blender. Add the rest of the ingredients except chickpea flour. Pulse to form a coarse mixture. If using a Blendtec or other blender, blend half the amount at a time. Transfer to bowl and add chickpea flour if the mixture is too mushy and doesn’t easily stick together. Form patties or long fingers.
Stick almond halves to the fingers using chickpea flour and water paste(add a few drops of water to a teaspoon of chickpea flour). I soaked raw almonds for an hour, then peeled and halved them to use.
Bake in preheated 375 degrees F / 170ºc for 25 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. (Turn the tray after 15 minutes to bake evenly). Serve hot. If serving patties, serve with tahini sauce, hummus, lettuce, pickles, onions and tomatoes, as is or in a pita.
Dip the fingers in ketchup or Sriracha and serve as is or in a Sandwich with Tahini, Onions, greens and drizzle more Sriracha.
That’s Creepy and Cute Halloween Vegetarian Food Ideas Recipes. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.