Honey Orange Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Toasted pistachios lend a savory crunch to this ambrosial honey and orange-scented ice cream. A splash of orange liqueur softens the texture to create a creamy consistency for easy scooping directly out of the freezer. Put a dollop over fresh sliced peaches or nectarines and enjoy with crisp biscotti.
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) pistachios
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur (optional)
Instructions / How to Make:
- Prepare a large bowl or pan of ice water, to be used as an ice bath.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the nuts on a baking sheet that has sides, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Mash the zest with the sugar to release the oils. In a double boiler, heat the half-and-half over simmering water until steaming. Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl until blended, then whisk in the honey and sugared zest.
- Whisk in some of the hot half-and-half and then pour the yolk mixture back into the top of the double boiler. Stir and cook over the simmering water until the mixture forms a custard and coats the back of the spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Immediately place the custard-filled pan in the prepared ice bath and stir the custard occasionally until it cools to room temperature. Strain the custard into a container and stir in the cream.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream is almost frozen, spoon in the liqueur, if desired, and churn until blended in about 1 minute.
- Add the nuts and churn until blended in, about 15 seconds. Transfer to a container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
Serving Size: MAKES ABOUT 1 QUART
That’s All About Mind-Blowing Simple Honey Orange Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.