Recipe Making Japanese Mushroom Rice or Kinoko Gohan
Who doesn’t know the famous Japanese shitake mushroom? It turns out that this mushroom can also be combined with Japanese rice and produces a delicious taste. This comforting, savory dish is a classic in autumn, when wild mushrooms are harvested. Thanks to commercial mushroom cultivation, you can now enjoy it year-round.
- SERVES 4
- PREP TIME: 90 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 piece kombu seaweed (about 6 by 1½ inches)
- 1 package or bunch (3½ ounces) enoki mushrooms, root ends cut off
- 4 oyster mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 cups uncooked white Japonica rice
Tutorial / How to Make:
- Put the shiitakes and kombu in a bowl with 3 cups of warm (not hot)
water and soak for 15 minutes. Strain the mushroom water into another bowl and discard the kombu. Squeeze the shiitakes to add any excess liquid to the mushroom water.
- Trim the shiitake stems from the caps and discard. Cut the caps into
- In a medium bowl, combine the shiitakes with the enoki and oyster mushrooms. Mix in the soy sauce and sake, and massage the liquid into the mushrooms with your hands until they soften a bit. Set aside.
- Wash the rice according to the directions in the Basic Rice (Gohan) recipe. Put it in an electric rice cooker (recommended) or a medium, heavy cast iron or enameled pot with a lid that fits snugly. Add 2¼ cups of the mushroom water, then the mushrooms with their marinade. Let the rice soak for 1 hour.
- Cook the rice according to the directions in the Basic Rice (Gohan) recipe. Serve right away.
- To store the rice, allow it to cool completely and refrigerate in a tightly sealed container. It will keep for 2 or 3 days.
That’s All About Simple Tutorial Recipe Making Japanese Mushroom Rice or Kinoko Gohan. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.