Homemade Mango Gelato Recipe
For a festive look, serve in glass bowls with pretty, edible blossoms, such as nasturtium, violet, or calendula, tucked on top. Serve after a salad luncheon, or a Moroccan or Asian dinner menu featuring duck or grilled pork or chicken kebabs.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 pounds ripe mangoes (about 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream
Instructions / How to Make:
- Prepare a large bowl or pan of ice water, to be used as an ice bath. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water, bring to a boil while stirring, and cook until the syrup is clear.
- Immediately place the pan in the prepared ice bath and stir the mixture occasionally until it cools to room temperature.
- Peel and dice the mangoes, discarding the seeds, and purée them in a blender or food processor with the juice and syrup.
- Transfer to a container and stir in the cream. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.