Recipe of Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches With Walnut Brownies
These thin, chewy brownies make a classic ice cream sandwich when paired with just about any flavor of ice cream. A dense layer of premium pistachio makes a good filling, but feel free to substitute your flavor of choice.
WALNUT BROWNIES Ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in ½-inch pieces, plus extra for greasing pan
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (5 ounces) walnut pieces
- 2 pints premium or 1½ quarts nonpremium pistachio ice cream
TO MAKE THE WALNUT BROWNIES:
- Butter a 10½-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper; butter the parchment.
- Lightly dust the pan with flour.
Instructions / How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bring about 2 inches water to a boil in a saucepan or the bottom of a double boiler; remove from heat.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl or in the top of the double boiler. Set the bowl over hot water and let stand, stirring occasionally with a flexible spatula, until melted and smooth, about 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla just to blend. Stir the melted chocolate into the egg mixture until incorporated.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir them into the chocolate mixture until blended.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and sprinkle the walnuts over the top. Bake until the edges feel firm and a skewer inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan. Run a knife along the inside edge of the pan to release the brownie. Place a large piece of aluminum foil on a flat work surface. Invert the pan over the foil to release the brownie.
- Trim about ¼ inch from the edges, and then cut the brownie in half across the center to make 2 rectangles, each about 10 by 7 inches. Soften the ice cream (see softening tips on intro card).
- Spread the ice cream gently and evenly over one of the brownie halves. Place the other brownie half, walnut-side up, on top of the ice cream; gently compress to flatten the sandwich and bring the ice cream out to the edges.
- Wrap the foil securely around the brownie and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours or up to 2 days. Remove the brownie from the freezer and remove foil.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 rectangles. Serve the sandwiches immediately, or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze up to 2 days.
Serving Size: MAKES 12 SANDWICHES
That’s How to Make Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches With Walnut Brownies. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.