Pralines and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
Caramelized pecans lace this ice cream with a candy crunch for a versatile flavor that is wonderful with fruit desserts, warm chocolate cake, or gingerbread. Pecan pralines are a classic candy in Louisiana, where they are eaten as crunchy or chewy patties.
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PECAN PRALINE Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pecans
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
Instructions / How to Make:
- Prepare a large bowl or pan of ice water, to be used as an ice bath.
- At the top of a double boiler, heat the half-and-half over simmering water until steaming.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl until blended, then whisk in the sugar. Whisk in some of the hot half-and-half and then pour the yolk mixture back into the top of the double boiler.
- Stir and cook over the simmering water until the mixture forms a custard and coats the back of the spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Immediately place the custard-filled pan in the prepared ice bath and stir the custard occasionally until it cools to room temperature. Transfer to a container and stir in the cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
MAKE THE PECAN PRALINE:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet that has sided with aluminum foil and greases it lightly.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, heat the honey, sugar, water, and cardamom over medium heat until it comes to a boil, then simmer 2 minutes.
- Mix in the nuts and stir to coat thoroughly. Turn out onto the foil-lined pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the foil and toss with the butter. Let cool. Store in an airtight container until needed.
- Freeze the custard in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream is almost frozen, add three-fourths of the praline and churn until blended in about 15 seconds.
- Transfer to a container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Sprinkle the remaining praline over the ice cream at serving time.
Serving Size : MAKES ABOUT 1 QUART
That’s All About Homemade Pralines and Cream Ice Cream Recipe That You Can Make at Home. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.