Recipe of Chicken Curry Rice or Kare Raisu
Curry spices didn’t appear in Japan until the nineteenth century, but curry dishes are now quite popular. You can buy garam masala, a blend of ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, and sometimes other spices, in your local supermarket. According to your preference, this recipe can be prepared with beef, pork, shrimp, or tofu instead of chicken.
- SERVES 4
- PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 60 TO 75 MINUTES
Ingredients for the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced ¼-inch thick 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
Ingredients for the curry rice:
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked white or brown Japonica rice, prepared according to the Basic Rice (Gohan) or Brown Rice (Genmai) recipe
How to make the chicken:
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and add the onion. Sauté
until the onion is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high and add the chicken. Brown the meat, then turn the heat back down to medium. Add the potatoes and carrots, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour the broth into the pan and bring it to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer until the meat and vegetables are fork-tender, 30 to 50 minutes.
How to make the sauce:
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion.
Sauté until the onion is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan, and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and curry powder.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and slowly pour 3 cups of water into the pan, stirring constantly to prevent the sauce from forming lumps. Bring the sauce to a simmer and turn the heat down to medium. Cook, stirring often until the sauce is smooth and creamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the honey and sprinkle in the garam masala. Stir to combine thoroughly.
How to make the curry rice:
- Stir the sauce into the chicken-and-vegetable mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, and serve over the rice.
- To save the curry for later, allow everything to cool completely and refrigerate the curry and rice in separate, tightly sealed containers.
That’s All About Delicious, Quick, and Simple Recipe of Chicken Curry Rice or Kare Raisu. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.