Recipe of Stir-Fried Beef Ramen or Yakisoba with Tonkatsu Sauce
Despite its name, this dish contains no soba. Rather, yakisoba (“fried noodles”) is made with ramen. In the most basic version of the dish, the ramen is stir-fried with seafood, poultry, or meat, plus cabbage, carrots, and tangy-sweet tonkatsu sauce. The recipe for the sauce, whose main ingredients are ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, may seem odd, but it is, in fact, authentically Japanese.
Ingredients for the tonkatsu sauce:
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Ingredients for the yakisoba:
- 12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided 2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, grated into long strips
- 12 ounces dried ramen noodles, cooked according to the package directions
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 16 slices gari (red pickled ginger)
How to make the tonkatsu sauce:
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Set aside.
How to make the yakisoba:
- Sprinkle the sliced steak with the salt.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the steak and stir-fry until it just starts to change color, about 1 minute. Transfer the meat to a plate and set aside.
- Put the cabbage and carrots in the same pan and stir-fry until they’re crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the ramen, scallions, and remaining tablespoon of oil. Stir-fry until the noodles separate, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if they stick together. Cook until the water (if any) evaporates.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Return the beef to the pan, and add the tonkatsu and white pepper. Toss to warm through and coat all the ingredients with the sauce.
- Serve on 4 plates, each garnished with 4 slices of gari.
- To store, refrigerate the yakisoba and gari in separate, tightly sealed containers. They will keep for 2 days.
That’s All About Quick and Simple Recipe of Stir-Fried Beef Ramen or Yakisoba with Tonkatsu Sauce. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.