Craving For Dinner? Simple Creamy Vegan Pasta Will Do!
This simple and delicious recipe could give you some satisfaction on your stomach but also your appetite. Why not to try!
Vegan Creamy Pasta Sauce
This easy recipe could drive your mind to try it. Begin with preparing the basic ingredients such pasta (any kind of pasta do you like), vegetables you have in your hand, and for sauce itself you need nutritional yeast, white beans, lemon juice, garlic and onion powder. Epic right, let’s go down to the recipe below!
Begin with How to Prepare the Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup vegetable broth, more as needed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
AND let’s go for the main recipe:
- Mixing the sauce: In a blender, combine the white beans, broth, lemon juice, olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package, cooking until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped broccoli stems and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add the broccoli florets and leaves and a splash of water or vegetable broth. Cover and turn off the heat.
- Allow the broccoli to steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender but still bright green. Add the pasta, then stir in ¾ of the sauce, adding more broth if the sauce is too dry.
- Season to taste with more salt, pepper and lemon juice, as desired, and portion into bowls. Divide the remaining sauce onto each bowl. Top with the pine nuts and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
The one who make it creamy actually the white beans, pull it through all of it, very interesting element which making the pasta thick, smooth. Nutritional yeast is making the cheese sensation for your vegan pasta, but it likes real cheese. Hmm, cool right!
Creamy Vegan Pasta Bake
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 18oz (500g) Button Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup (130g) Tomato Paste
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Lentils
- 2 Cans (15oz/425g each) Chopped Tomato
- 1–2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- For the Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup (150g) Raw Cashews
- 1/2 Lemon (Squeezed)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For the White Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Vegetable Stock/Broth
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt (to taste)
How To Make:
- Put the pasta on to cook while you prepare the vegetables for the bolognese sauce. When the pasta is cooked, drain it, cover it (to prevent it from drying out) and set aside.
- Prepare your bolognese sauce. Add the onion and garlic to a pot with the olive oil and fry until softened. Then add in the sliced mushrooms and soy sauce. Cover the pot for a minute and allow the mushrooms to release their water. Then remove the lid from the pot and let the water from the mushrooms cook off a little. Add in the tomato paste and lentils. Then add in the canned tomato. Bring to a simmer. Add in the sugar to balance out the flavor and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare your cashew cream. Add the cashews, lemon juice, water and salt to the blender jug and blend until smooth.
- Add the cashew cream to your bolognese sauce and mix it in. Then add your pasta and mix it all in together.
- Now prepare your white sauce. Add the vegan butter to a saucepan and let it melt and start to sizzle just a little. Add in the flour and stir it quickly, then add in the coconut milk and vegetable stock and whisk it very quickly to get rid of the lumps. Then switch to a wooden spoon and keep stirring while you bring it to the boil. Once it boils keep stirring for about another 4 minutes until thickened. Then remove from heat and add in the black pepper, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast and sea salt.
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
- Place the pasta and bolognese mix into a rectangular oven-safe dish and smooth down.
- Pour the white sauce over the top and smooth down.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until golden on top.
Vegan Zucchini Pasta
- 2 medium zucchinis spiralized
- 1-2 TB Vegan Parmesan (optional)
Quick Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for a few hours or in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 3 TB nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp white miso (can sub tamari, soy sauce, or coconut aminos)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
How To Make:
Spiralize zucchini noodles. If not you can use zucchini noodles packaging on the market. Cook them in a large pan with a little olive oil for a few minutes.
Add all alfredo ingredients to a high-speed blender (starting with 1/4 cup of water) and blend until smooth. If your sauce is too thick, add more water a tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you’re looking for.
Top zucchini noodles with alfredo sauce and if you’d like, some vegan parm.
Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad
Only 20 minutes you can try this recipe!
300g dried casarecce or penne pasta
190g (1 1/4 cups) frozen peas
200g frozen podded edamame
60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra baby basil leaves, to serve
2 green shallots, chopped
1 lemon, juiced, rind finely grated
2 tablespoons pepitas
How To Make:
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following the packet directions or until al dente. Add the peas and edamame in the last minute of cooking time. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, place avocado in a blender or food processor. Add the oil, garlic, basil, shallot and lemon rind and process until smooth. Add the lemon juice and 125ml (1 ⁄2 cup) water and season well. Process until smooth. Add a little extra water to thin the sauce, if necessary.
- Divide the pasta mixture among serving bowls. Drizzle with the avocado sauce. Scatter with almonds, pepitas and extra basil leaves before serving.
Vegan Kale Pasta
For your information this recipe only takes 10 minutes! Let’s do it!
- 500 gr/ 17.6 oz pasta of choice
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil or ¼ cup water
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 small or 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 heaping tsp basil
- 1 heaping tsp herbes de provence
- 5 cups kale, hard stems removed and chopped up into big pieces
- ¾ cup reserved pasta water
- Juice from one lemon
- Salt, Pepper + Cayenne Pepepr to taste
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3-5 tbsp water (depending on desired consistency of sauce)
- Boil the pasta according to directions on box. Soak Cashews in boiling water while the pasta is cooking.
- While the pasta is boiling, in a large pan, over medium high heat, sautee chopped walnuts in 1 tbsp olive oil until they begin to slightly brown and roast. Keep stirring to ensure the walnuts do not burn. (*Dry sautee in pan without oil for an oil-free method). Remove walnuts from the pan and save them for later.
- In the same large pan heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Add diced garlic and onions and sautee with basil and herbes de provence until they begin to caramelize and turn slightly brown. (*Use water instead of olive oil for an oil free method). Add kale and sautee with onions and garlic for a couple minutes before adding the pasta.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¾ cup of the pasta water for later. Add the pasta with the reserved pasta water, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of olive oil to the large pan (you might have to transfer to a pot at this point if your pan isn’t big enough). (*Leave out olive oil for an oil free option).
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Blend for a couple minutes with the nutritional yeast, lemon juice and water until creamy and smooth. (*I used an immersion blender)
- Serve immediately and garnish pasta with cashew cream and roasted walnuts. Taste and add Sea Salt, Pepper and Cayenne Pepper to taste.
That’s all about the Vegan Pasta you could make! Which one do you prefer! Let us know down below!