Vegan Food Truck Ideas
Food truck is become part for our hustling life style. But there’s not many for vegan option available. In fact, vegan food truck is not difficult to make just substitute the ingredients with vegan food. Moreover, the taste is no different from the meat one. Takes this easy recipe for your food truck option!
Blackened Tempeh with Avocado, Kale and Vegan Cajun Ranch Wrapping Tortilla
This Tempeh vegan wrapping is would be the special menu on vegan truck ideas! The taste would different to other vegan tortilla wrapping!
Cajun Vegan Ranch Dressing
- ⅓ cup vegan ranch dressing (or sub your favorite store-bought ranch)
- ½ –1 teaspoon cajun spice blend ( or sub ¼ teaspoon paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne)
- 1 block tempeh
- 2–3 tablespoons Cajun Spice like Black Magic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4–5 leaves of lacinato kale, tough stems removed ( or use 3 cups pre-shredded kale )
- 1 teaspoon oil, pinch salt, lemon zest from ½ a lemon
- 4 radishes, sliced ( or sub cucumber slices… or ribbons are nice)
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup pickled onions ( optional)
- Optional add-ons sprouts or micro greens, cooked quinoa, large whole wheat tortillas, sauerkraut.
How To Make:
- Stir the cajun spice into the dressing, starting conservatively. Taste, and add more to taste. You want it bold!
- Add the tempeh, whole to a sauté pan of generously salted water, just enough to cover it. Let simmer gently 8-10 minutes to help soften and reduce bitterness. Slice it into ½ inch wide slices and generously coat each side with Cajun Spices.
- Pan-sear the tempeh in a little oil, until crispy and heated through. Set aside.
Stack the kale ( removing any thick stems) and cut in to thin ribbons. Place in a bowl and add a teaspoon or two of olive oil ( just enough to barely coat) a pinch salt and lemon zest. Massage with your fingers until tender. To the kale add the radishes, scallion, pickled onion and avocado. Toss with some of the Vegan Ranch dressing, enough to coat. ( You can also keep everything separate, especially if making grain bowls)
- Either divide the salad among bowls or place it in a warm, whole wrapping wheat tortillas topped with the blackened tempeh and sprouts.
Tips: The salad is hearty enough that it will taste good the next day.
Veggie Vegan Pizza
Pizza is one of your best choice to food truck idea, everyone love pizza, easy to eat and pick! Let’s try!
No Knead Crust:
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup (156.25 g) flour unbleached white or a combination of white and whole wheat
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried oregano or other herbs
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder optional
- Red Pizza sauce of choice
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced red onion
- thinly sliced white mushrooms
- sliced zucchini or other sliced veggies of choice
- sliced kalamata olives
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil
- vegan parmesan
- Or use any of my other homemade cheeses like cheddar, feta etc
- pepper flakes
How To Make:
n a bowl, mix warm water, yeast and 1 tbsp flour. Let it sit for a few minutes to activate.
Add 1 cup flour, salt, herbs and garlic and olive oil and mix in. Add another 3 tbsp flour and mix in. Get your hands in there to mix and knead for a few seconds into a soft slightly sticky dough.. Add another tbsp flour if needed. Gather the dough into a ball and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place.
Add a 1/2 tsp oil over the dough and spread with your hands. Gather the dough into a ball and place on parchment lined sheet.
Use a bit of flour to spread the dough into a 13 to 14 inch size oval. Spread it depending on on how thick or thin you want the crust to be. Keep the edges thicker than the center (see video). Let it sit for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 435 degrees F / 220ºc.
Spread the pizza sauce on the crust. Distribute the sliced veggies, mushrooms and olives evenly.
Mix chopped garlic with a tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and oregano. Sprinkle over the pizza.
Sprinkle salt over the veggies. Sprinkle meltable vegan cheese on the veggies if using at this point.
Bake the pizza for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden on the edges. Sprinkle vegan parm of choice, chopped fresh basil, and pepper flakes. Slice and serve to your food truck!
That’s All You Need to Know About Simple Vegan Food Truck Ideas Recipes. I hope you get more information about all the easy cooking recipes that you can make at home. There is a lot more information about it in Cookcan. So, don’t miss it! If you have some questions or want to add additional information please put the comment below.